Located Just 15 Minutes from Anywhere, the Commute from Shadow Creek Ranch Won't DRIVE You Crazy!
HOUSTON, TEXAS (June 26, 2001) – Looking to live in a master plan community that will allow you to work downtown or in the medical center and enjoy all the extracurricular activities city life has to offer? Well, look no further than Shadow Creek Ranch. Once complete, this 3,300-acre community will be the largest master-planned community in close proximity to a major U.S. city's central business, cultural and entertainment district. Shadow Creek Ranch offers residents a suburban setting just a hop, skip and short drive from downtown.
Imagine this. It's 5:00 p.m. and you are just getting off of work from your job downtown. Your short commute home lets you arrive in time to catch the opening pitch of your son's little league game. Your son's team rallies in the bottom of the ninth to win by one run. The celebration ends and you head for home. As you and your wife freshen up, the babysitter arrives. You're out the door and cruising speedily down highway 288 north. You arrive, park, grab two sodas, a bag of peanuts and are in your seats just in time to catch Nolan Ryan throw out the ceremonial first pitch of the 7:05 p.m. major league Astros game at Enron.
Development of this "Next Generation" master plan community is well underway. Here's an update on the latest news and progress surrounding the development:
- Developers are interviewing and selecting the first phase of builders. A builder announcement is slated for July.
- Grading and excavation has begun on 600 acres of land and the creation of four of the lavish lakes, totaling 50 acres that will be a focal point of the community. When complete, the community will enjoy nearly 300 acres of lakes.
- Sewer, water and road improvements are currently in progress to service approximately 500 new home lots.
- Groundbreaking on the first phase of model homes will begin this Fall 2001, with the completion slated for February 2002. Approximately 250-300 homes will be built and ready for move-in by the end of 2002..
- Over 2 million yards of dirt will be moved to transform this land into a rolling landscape, atypical of this region.
- The community's signature landmark – the 25-foot-tall, 300-foot-long stone and brick monument – is complete and stands at the main entrance at Highway 288 and Shadow Creek Parkway. On a clear day it can be viewed from downtown Houston office buildings.
Shadow Creek Ranch will be home to 12,000 families when complete, including single-family, multi-family and senior housing units ranging from the low $100s to over $1 million. The community will also feature commercial, industrial, civic and recreational sites such as schools, churches, medical facilities, day care, City Hall Annex, police and fire stations, grocery stores, shopping center, banks, library, multiple day-care centers and designated senior-assisted living areas. These additional sites will create an estimated 5,000 jobs in the community.